Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Time for Change

With the start of the new year, many make resolutions. I'm going to lose weight, make more money, talk to more people, quit smoking, stop drinking, try new foods, etc. These are common things I have said and heard over the years and I can honestly say I am ready for change. I'm not talking about the change of one or two details in my life. I am talking about a renewal of myself. I have reflected upon all that I am over the past several weeks and I don't like what I see staring back at me. I have come to the conclusion that ultimately I have settled for mediocrity. I am not a mediocre person but that is the life I live. I think the reason I am in the situation I'm in is because until now I have failed to recognize my ability to actually accomplish things. Accepting the fact that I have just existed for the past several years is the first step to ultimately making a real difference in ;myself, my family, my job, my life, the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment